Volunteer @ Calvert Library
Purpose: Help Calvert Library offer and document transformational classes and events for our community.
Location: All Calvert Library Locations
Hours: Varies based on event (daytime, evenings, and Saturdays).
Responsibilities may include:
- Host Cinema Café (place DVD or Blu-ray on hold, pick up popcorn from Apex Theater, room and equipment set- up for showing film, and lead a brief discussion afterward.)
- Host or assist librarians with MeetUp type events or classes in areas such as:
- Computer coding
- Adult painting/coloring
- Language clubs
- Many other possibilities! What’s your idea?
- Offer technical support for live streaming of library events and classes
- Administer surveys during events, and data entry of responses
- Take photographs during library events or of everyday moments in the library
- Assist librarians with Children’s Events
- Assist librarians with Teen Events
- Assist librarians with Adult Events
Qualifications/Skills Required :
- Age 16 or older
- Varies depending on the event/class and volunteer role
- Technical skills are a plus and may be required for some events
- Ability to follow instructions accurately.
- Enjoy working independently
- Outgoing personality and good interpersonal skills
- Dependable and reliable
Responsible to: Branch Manager; Event/Class supervisor
Ready to Volunteer?
Just complete and bring in to the branch of your choice:
Volunteer Orientation, General Information Packet and Handbook