Using Your Card
You can borrow and return materials to any public library in Calvert, Charles, and St. Mary’s counties.
- Find materials on COSMOS, the online catalog for library materials and services available in Southern Maryland.
- Don’t see what you’re looking for in COSMOS? Check our premium online resources. Still looking? Make a request from Marina, the statewide system to request library materials not available in Southern Maryland.
- Use the “Account” feature to view your library account, renew items and manage your holds. Sign-in using your library card number or create a personalized username and password.
Enhanced Account Access – Library Elf
Library Elf is a third-party web tool for keeping track of your or your family’s library accounts. With Library Elf you can:
- Track what’s due, overdue, and ready for pickup
- Track more than one library account through a single Library Elf log in
- Receive additional notifications about your account
- Designate additional email addresses to receive notices
- Automatically add library reminders to your calendar
- Library ELF FAQs.