We welcome library cardholders of all ages, but a parent or guardian must sign for applicants under the age of 16 to obtain a full borrowing privileges card. A child must be present to sign the card. Your signature indicates that you accept responsibility for supervising your child’s use of the library. The borrower or adult is responsible for the card’s security, for any materials checked out and for any charges incurred.
We offer special library cards for children that allow them to check out up to five books fine free and have access to downloadable items and premium online resources.
- Kid’s card – no proof of address required, no parent/guardian signature required.
- CRAB card – the virtual CRAB card is automatically issued to Calvert County Public School students.
What Do You Need to Bring to Get a Card?
You should bring a valid ID or another document that verifies your current residence.
What Else Should You Know?
- So we can maintain accurate information for your account, please notify the library of changes in name, address, or other personal information.
- Please report lost or stolen cards immediately. Replacement cards are free.
- Library cards may be used at any public library in Calvert, Charles and St. Mary’s counties.
- For more information about checking out material, review our loan policy.
When you register for a card online you’ll receive a temporary card number. Please visit a local library within 30 days with your proof of address to complete your card registration.