Calvert Library’s “500 by Five”initiative inspires Calvert’s children to read 500 books by 5 years old.
Track your child’s progress online or on the 500 by Five paper log.
Reading with young children on a daily basis is a lifetime gift for everyone that:
- Builds a stronger relationship with your child
- Increases basic speech and communication skills
- Improves logical thinking
- Increases vocabulary
- Enhances concentration and discipline
- Helps ease transitions to major milestones or other potentially stressful experiences
- Promotes school readiness
- Encourages a love of learning
And, let’s not forget, it is just plain fun!