Terms & Conditions
The changeable letter marquis in front of the Prince Frederick Safeway on Southbound Rt. 4, is available to non-profits to advertise their upcoming events through the generosity of the Optimist Club and the coordination of the Calvert Library.
To check availability and request the use of the sign for a week by your non-profit, you will click on the link at the bottom of this page. But first, print out and read these instructions to follow.
Please request only ONE side of the sign the sign for ONE week so that other organizations have the opportunity to use it.
Repeat requests will be denied.
The sign is not available for reservation the month of December.
** IMPORTANT **
The Optimist Safeway Sign has 4 lines with room for 18 spaces per line. That includes letters and spaces.
Type your message with an asterisk at the end of each of the four lines of the message.
Free VFW Picnic*4th of July*Calv. Fairgrounds*410-555-1234
- Make sure the Booking Type says Non-profit groups.
- Make sure “Optimist Sign” is checked under Choose Branch.
- Reservations can be made up to one year in advance and must be made at least 2 weeks in advance.
- Reservations are for 1 week only. You will need to click on the Monday date on the calendar in order to reserve the sign for the corresponding week. The sign will be posted based on the Optimist volunteer’s availability, usually on Monday.
- If there is a green square, then the sign is available on the date you selected.
- You may only request one side of the sign one time per event. The exception to this is if it is only 2 weeks prior to the event and the sign is still available. In that case, please call a reference librarian at 410-535-0291 with your request.
- Once you find an available week that works for your event, click on the appropriate green block.
- Complete the form.
- A library card number and PIN are not required but it will automatically complete your name, email address and phone number if you use it.
- Group name=non-profit group name
- Booking title=your event name
- Attendees: any number is fine. Since this is room reservation software, that field is required for rooms but not pertinent for the Optimist Sign.
- Notes: you can leave this blank unless you need to share additional information with the library.
- Certify that you are non-profit by clicking the box.
- “Please enter your Optimist Safeway Sign Text here”
- The Optimist Safeway Sign has 4 lines with space for 18 letters/spaces per line. Type your message with an asterisk at the end of each of the four lines of the message.
- Proofread your entries, especially your message.
- You have read these terms and conditions. If you agree, click the box.
- Click “next.”
- Verify that your contact information is correct and click “Reserve.”
- You will receive an e-mail that confirms that you have made the request, the time slot on the calendar will show as not available to other requesters. Within a week, you will receive a confirmation email from a reference librarian at the Calvert Library Prince Frederick letting you know if your request has been approved.
- If you have questions or concerns, please contact a reference librarian at Calvert Library Prince Frederick at (410) 535-0291 or (301) 855-1862.