Curbside is Up and Running!
How do we keep our staff and customers safe you ask? We will be following CDC guidelines and quarantining all library materials for at least 96 hours. While materials are in quarantine, you will still see them on your account. No worries, remember Calvert Library has no fines! Once materials are released from quarantine, they will be checked in and sent on to their home library or to the next customer who has placed a hold.
Step-by-step guide to the curbside process:
Place items on hold and/or ask for a grab bag of items!
- To place holds
- Ask for a surprise grab bag – So many of you have said you miss browsing and asked if we could just grab a random assortment of books/movies for you to pick up. Sort of a mini-browsing experience! So now, you can choose to get GRAB BAGS when you make your curbside appointment!
- Just go straight to picking a day/time for your curbside appointment, on the next screen you can check the box for a grab bag and tell us what type of books/movies you’d like. Be very general for Grab Bags (ex. 20 picture books, 5 adult fiction and 15 DVDs).
- These grab bag items will be randomly selected the day of your appointment and checked out to you.
- They will be included with any other items you’ve specifically requested to pick up at your appointment.
- Take a look and make sure they’re a good fit for your and your family’s reading and viewing choices.
- Feel free to drop those you are not interested in back in the book return before you leave.
- It’s that EASY!
- PS from Calvert Library – Personalized Suggestions
- If you’d like more specific recommendations, we have a service for that as well! Just visit our PS from Calvert Library page, before you make your curbside appointment, and tell us a little bit about what you are looking for. Our staff will create your own personal suggestions list that you can choose to place on hold. Once you get notified that they have arrived, you can make your curbside appointment to pick them up.
Wait for notification then make a curbside pickup appointment.
- You will receive a notification in your usual method (email, phone or text) when your hold is available for pickup. Please be patient as wait times for holds may be longer than usual due to the quarantine of materials.
- Once you receive notification, visit our curbside pickup appointment page to reserve your pickup day/time. Please have your library card available. Same day pickup is not available at this time.
- Can-Do Video: How to Make an Appointment
- Can-Do Video: Curbside Pickup
- Staff will checkout your items (with clean hands) and package them for pickup.
Pick up day/time
- Table Pickup
- You may park in any space NOT marked for Trunk Delivery.
- Table pickup will be available in library vestibules.
- In accordance with Governor Hogan’s order a mask must be worn while inside.
- Only one person may pick up materials at a time. If someone is already picking up their items, please wait at least 6’ from the door or at least 6’ from the next person waiting (there will be marks on the sidewalk).
- Your items will be in a paper bag labeled with your last name on the table in the numbered space that matches your reservation.
- Please deposit any returns in the book drop.
- Trunk Delivery
- If you are able, please choose a Table Pickup time slot so we can serve as many customers as possible. Thank you.
- If you are able, please place all library returns in the book drop.
- At your appointment time, please park in the space that matches your reservation (Trunk Delivery #1, #2, etc.) and “pop the trunk”.
- A library staff member will come out to your vehicle with your items in a paper bag, place them in your trunk and close your trunk.
- If you have library materials to return and are unable to use the outside book drop, please place them in a closed, marked bag in your trunk for the librarian to take.
- If you are early, please wait in a non-Trunk Delivery parking space until your time slot, as the labeled spaces will be used by other customers.
- If you have questions please call your branch.
Enjoy your library materials!
You will receive a notification (email, phone or text) in whichever manner you selected when creating your account. You may change this by logging into your account in COSMOS.
Please place returns in the designated outside book return of each library location. If you are unable to use the outside book return and are using Trunk Delivery, you may place your materials in a closed, marked bag and the librarian will take them when placing your new materials in your trunk.
While we are asking that most customers utilize table pickup, we know that there are mobility issues and health concerns that make trunk delivery a better option for some of our customers. Trunk Delivery spaces are available for those in need. If all the Trunk Delivery time slots are reserved please call your pickup library for assistance.
There’s nothing we love more! There are several ways to find books and other materials (physical or digital) that you will enjoy. We will soon be rolling out our NEW PS from Calvert Library-Personalized Suggestions! This service will enable you to fill out a short form and a librarian will send you a personalized list of books/materials we hope you will love!
Beanstack – Get book suggestions, read reviews, participate in challenges and log your books.
Books & Authors – New ways to explore the endless possibilities and combinations of books, authors, genres and topics.
Hot Authors – New Books – check out our quarterly hot author book list.
Librarians and Friends Book Lists – Calvert librarians and friends share their favorite books with you!
Novelist Plus – Electronic readers’ advisory resource which assists fiction and non-fiction readers in finding new authors and titles
PS from Calvert Library-Personalized Suggestions based on your answers to questions about other books/movies you’ve liked
or just give us a call and ask us to check out a bag full of mysteries, romance, suspense, etc!
Calvert Library is FINE FREE but you may have fees on your account from past lost books. If you are able to pay these fees, you can do so on your online account. If you are not able to, please give the library a call at 410-535-0291 so that we can help.
Our check out limit is 75 items so if you are over that YOU ARE AN AWESOME POWER USER! Just give us a call and we will work it out.
At this time you can bring a maximum of 2 boxes of books in new/like new condition to the Prince Frederick location. We are not able to provide receipts right now. Items should be in a bag or box and left under the pickup table in the vestibule. Please indicate on the bag or box that they are donations or call the library to let a librarian know you have left materials.
You only need to make one appointment. We will check out all holds that are available for your library card at one time. If you want to pick up your whole households’ materials, please enter all the library card numbers that have holds available in the library card field separated by commas.
You are welcome to make one appointment for all the notifications your household has received, please enter all the library card numbers that have holds available in the library card field separated by commas.