Volunteer @ Calvert Library
Children’s Department Support Volunteer
Purpose: Increase Calvert County early literacy rates and school success by supporting library projects in this area.
Location: All Calvert Library branches
Hours Needed: Flexible schedule – Any day(s) Monday thru Thursday 9:00am – 9:00pm, Friday 12:00pm – 5:00pm and Saturday 9:00am – 5:00pm with a minimum of 3 hours per week.
- Cut crafts for Storytime
- Read shelves and straighten
- Prepare carts for Pages
- Assist with Children’s events and classes
- Prepare “Baby Bags” for hospital (in Prince Frederick only)
- Age 14 or older (*See note below)
- Ability to interact with children
- Ability to cut with scissors accurately
- Ability to be organized and neat
- Ability to follow instructions
- Ability to work with staff members and library customers
- Ability to work independently
Responsible to: Children’s Coordinator and/or designated staff member
* Between the ages of 14-16, a minor’s employment is restricted to no more than four hours per day or 23 hours per week when school is in session or 8 hours per day or 40 hours per week when school is not in session. Under the age of 16 they may not work before 7:00am or after 8:00pm except between Memorial Day and Labor Day when employment is extended to 9:00 p.m.
Ready to Volunteer?
Just complete and bring in to the branch of your choice: