Volunteer @ Calvert Library
Purpose: To help the library make an attractive, relevant, current collection of materials easily accessible to our community.
Location: All Calvert Library branches
Hours: Flexible schedule – especially needed 9am– 12pm, Monday through Thursday and Saturday; 12pm – 3pm on Fridays. A minimum of 2 hours per week.
Responsibilities may include:
- Pick List: Working from a printed list, search shelves in the library for items, gather them together and scan them in to go in delivery or on the holds shelf
- Shelf Maintenance (straightening, shelf reading, shifting, pulling outdated/unused books)
- Shelving audio materials, DVDs, New and other hot items
- Check Book Express & New items for currency
- Search for missing and lost items
- Assist with keeping book displays stocked
- Sort daily delivery
- Distribute Book Page to branches via the in-house delivery system
- Keep flyer bulletin boards and kiosks updated
- Assist with creating various spine labels
- Genre label replacements
- Returns: Sort and scan-in items that have been returned and help staff to organize them on to carts and shelves.
- Age 14 or older
- Ability to arrange items and alphabetical and numerical order
- Ability to push, bend, stretch and lift
- Ability to learn how to shelve library materials in alphabetical and numerical order
- Ability to organize carts in proper order to assist pages in shelving materials
- Ability to follow instructions accurately
- Ability to work independently
- Comfortable using computers and an interest in learning new skills
Responsible to: Circulation Supervisor at the branch
Ready to Volunteer?
Just complete and bring in to the branch of your choice:
Volunteer Orientation, General Information Packet and Handbook