Volunteer @ Calvert Library
Oral History Transcription Volunteer
Purpose: Facilitate high quality and accessible Calvert County oral history interviews. More information about the project.
Location: Prince Frederick
Hours Needed: Each interview will require approximately 6-8 hours of transcription. Volunteers should expect to transcribe 3 interviews.
- Attending training to learn how to use transcription software and hardware
- Completing any typing and data entry assignments as needed
- Age 16 or older
- Add ability to spell and punctuate correctly
- Ability to learn how to use transcription software and hardware
- Ability to type at least 35 wpm
- Ability to write legibly
- Ability to use word processing software
- Ability to work independently
Training: Will be provided by Calvert Library staff and/or volunteers
Responsible to: Oral History Coordinator
Ready to Volunteer?
Just complete and bring in to the branch of your choice:
Volunteer Orientation, General Information Packet and Handbook