Volunteer @ Calvert Library
Purpose: Help Calvert Library bridge the digital divide and change lives by teaching basic and intermediate technology skills. Make information accessible to all!
Location: All Calvert Library Locations
Hours: Vary – daytime, some evenings and Saturdays. Minimum of 30 hour annual commitment.
Responsibilities may include:
- Teaching customers how to:
- get an email account
- use Overdrive
- use RB Digital Magazines
- use Hoopla
- use RB Digital
- use library premium online resources
- use their smartphone, laptop or tablet
- do online job searching (ex. Somd.com/employ, usajobs.gov, SoMarylandJobs.com or Craiglist jobs)
- complete online job applications
- use Windows Office products
- scan documents and photos
- use the internet safely
- use a 3D printer
- use the library copier
- use library resources for genealogy research
- use Minecraft, including coding and circuitry game components. Help teach research skills, website evaluation, internet safety, online collaboration, etc.
- Develop curriculum or documentation to support acquiring technology skills
- Troubleshoot minor computer and printer problems
- Age 16 or older
- Strong computer skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to follow instructions accurately and work independently
- Interest in technology and willingness to learn new skills
Responsible to: Branch Manager; Volunteer Coordinator
Ready to Volunteer?
Just complete and bring in to the branch of your choice: