Volunteer @ Calvert Library
Oral History Interview Volunteer
Purpose: Preserve the history of Calvert County through coordinating oral history interviews. Help turn memories into history! More information about the project.
Location: Prince Frederick
Hours Needed: Each interview will require approximately 2 hours. Volunteers should expect to be present during 6 interviews. Flexible schedule – Any day(s) Monday thru Thursday 9:00am – 9:00pm, Friday 12:00pm – 5:00pm and Saturday 9:00am – 5:00pm with a minimum of 2 hours per week.
- Attending training to learn how to operate recording equipment
- Establishing and confirming interview dates and times
- Prepping interview pair to make sure they have enough good content and a set of open-ended questions for 40 minutes of interview
- Observing interviews and operating equipment.
- Documenting interviews as necessary.
- Completing any typing and data entry assignments as needed
- Possibly preparing for an interview by doing background research
- Age 16 or older
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to speak clearly
- Some technical skills required
- Ability to write legibly
- Ability to use word processing software
- Ability to work independently
- Active Listening skills
- Dependable and reliable
Training: Will be provided by Calvert Library staff and/or volunteers
Responsible to: Oral History Coordinator
Ready to Volunteer?
Just complete and bring in to the branch of your choice: